The Northern Ireland Hotels Federation is running a course for the serviced accommodation sector to understand the issues of marketing, leadership and the consumer market. This course is aimed at general managers, owners and those who have a direct impact on development and decision-making within their business.
The programme is supported by Invest NI and will be run in conjunction with Tourism Northern Ireland, Tourism Ireland and Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
This course has been developed out of the very successful executive programmes run in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
The course will comprise of six elements:
- A range of pre-exercises will be given to all those who join the course so that they can fully benefit from the sessions/understand how the issues raised will affect their operations;
- A two day residential workshop in Northern Ireland, the details of which are set out below;
- An intensive executive management development course in the world-acclaimed Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. This will include an accreditation from Cornell;
- A benchmarking trip to New York City;
- An opportunity to engage with and promote Northern Ireland as a destination to the North American market;
- A review and assessment of the overall impact of the learning of the course.
Full details have been sent out and an online booking form is now available here. The dates of the programme are as follows:
18th – 19th September – Galgorm Resort & Spa
9th – 15th November – Cornell Univeristy and New York Programme
A PDF of the printed programme is linked below with further details, what’s included and the costs.