The Federation is producing a cookery book of hotel recipes and we’d love you to be part of it.
It’s an opportunity to highlight the great food in your hotel and help celebrate the best local cuisine.
The creation of a hotel cookery book to include signature dishes from up to 50 hotels in Northern Ireland. We’d love you to be part of this publication. It will be around 200 pages in length, hard backed and fully indexed with specialist food photography for each entry.
The plan is to create a high-quality cookery book to promote local cuisine in hotels. This book will support and enhance the Taste the Island food campaign 2020 and raise the profile of hotel restaurants in Northern Ireland.
It will also highlight the role of chefs in the hotel operation and improve the image of the industry.
The initiative will be supported by a significant PR campaign with a focus on raising the profile of the hotel restaurant. The book will be on sale to the public and will be used internationally to promote local cuisine.
You will be part of a dedicated hotel cookbook, the first created in Northern Ireland. The Federation will use this to support the new “Northern Ireland – Embrace a Giant Spirit” brand, demonstrating how hotels have embraced the taste of local produce.
What you get
Each hotel that enters will have a four-page feature which will include the following:
- A professionally-taken photo of the hotel.
- A picture of the chef who submits the recipe.
- An image of the recipe itself.
- Digital copies of the photos for your own use.
- Your entry in PDF format for you to use in your own publicity or digitally.
- 20 printed books plus 1 extra for the chef (21 in total).
- Discounted additional books.
- A free ticket to the book launch at Hospitality Exchange on 13th October 2020.
- An opportunity to demonstrate your submitted dish as part of the Exchange programme.
- All the PR and publicity surrounding the book launch.
How to enter
Entry is only open to NIHF members and your entry can be completed via the link below. The following information is required.
- A description of your hotel (maximum 150 words).
- A short biography of the chef who submits the recipe (maximum 150 words).
- One recipe for between 4-6 people with measured ingredients and method.
A sample of this can be seen to the right. All recipes will be checked by a specialist food editor and we may require changes to the entry to give variety to the publication.
Ideally the dish should be a signature one created in your hotel, featuring locally sourced ingredients.
All entries must be completed by Friday 3rd April 2020. Editing and photography will take place in April and May.
The cost of entry into the book is £300 plus VAT. This includes your allocation of 21 books and everything else listed above.